Energy & Emotional
One of the basic principles of acupuncture and Chinese medicine is that body and mind do not exist independently from each other but are inextricably connected. Many people know this to be the case from their own experience, for example a physical condition such as a digestive disorder becomes worse with stress or an emotional symptom such as anxiety causes physical symptoms such as sweating and muscle aches. Physical pain can be a cause of depression and our emotions are intertwined with how energetic we feel; a low mood is often accompanied by low energy, tiredness, or lack of motivation.
“Medical tests proved inconclusive . . . treatment helped me recover my equilibrium and to be more in tune with my body . . ."
The approach of Chinese medicine is always holistic treating emotions, mood and energy in relation to the physical body.
How acupuncture helps with anxiety, depression and stress:
- Promotes relaxation and deactivating the 'analytical' brain, which is responsible for anxiety and worry.
- Regulates levels of neurotransmitters and hormones hence altering the brain's mood chemistry to help to combat negative affective states.
- Reverses pathological changes in levels of inflammatory cytokines that are associated with anxiety and stress-induced changes in behaviour and biochemistry.
- Acts on areas of the brain known to reduce sensitivity to pain and stress
- Safely combines with conventional treatments such as medication or psycho-educational therapy, possibly enhancing their beneficial effects and reducing unwanted side-effects.
"I found Sally to be able to create a very positive and relaxed atmosphere. l liked the fact that she was able to adapt her practice to connect with me in a variety of ways . . . "
“ . . . . treatments have helped me maintain more consistent energy levels rather than swinging between highs and lows which has made a significant difference to the quality of my life”
"I found the connection with Sally and her touch very healing."