Acupuncture for Digestive Symptoms
Evidence shows that a course of acupuncture improves common digestive symptoms such as pain, bloating, cramping, flatulence, diarrhoea and constipation. It also improves general wellbeing and in comparisons with drug treatments acupuncture has been found beneficial for a variety of gastrointestinal diseases including IBS, indigestion, nausea, acid reflux, gastritis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
Benefits of Acupuncture
- Provides pain relief
- Regulates movement in the digestive tract
- Initiates the nervous systems 'rest and digest’ response
- Reduces inflammation
- Alters acid secretion
- Improves delayed gastric emptying
- Stimulates areas in the brain that are involved in gastric perception
- Helps reduce anxiety and depression that can result from digestive symptoms
- can be safely and effectively combined with medication
In addition acupuncture I often offer dietary and lifestyle advice that may be helpful in combating symptoms and support overall health.
"I had six weeks of acupuncture with Sally and saw some relief from a number of symptoms I was experiencing"