Easing Digestive Symptoms
A course of acupuncture can improve common digestive symptoms such as pain, bloating, cramping, flatulence, diarrhoea and constipation. In comparisons with drug treatments acupuncture has been found beneficial for a variety of gastrointestinal diseases including IBS, indigestion, nausea, acid reflux, gastritis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
"I had six weeks of acupuncture with Sally and saw some relief from a number of symptoms I was experiencing"
How Acupuncture Helps
- Provides pain relief
- Regulates movement in the digestive tract
- Initiates the nervous systems 'rest and digest’ response
- Reduces inflammation
- Alters acid secretion
- Improves delayed gastric emptying
- Stimulates areas in the brain that are involved in gastric perception
- Helps reduce anxiety and depression that can result from digestive symptoms
- Safely and effectively combines with medication